Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh the nerves, THE NERVES!!!

They've started to set in. I'm starting to freak. I was so calm. Not so much anymore. My mind is racing a million miles a minute.

Check this out:



That's the start last year. That's where I'll be on Sunday at 7 am MST. CRAZY. I'm shaking thinking about it.

I leave Wednesday morning. I dropped my bike off on Saturday and I can pick it up on Thursday, although I may not. I may just hang out at our cabin on Wednesday and Thursday and then start the race craziness on Friday. I know how I felt before Ralph's (the first half I did) and seeing all those super cut people at the race site just really affected my nerves and I don't want to go through that sooner that I need to. I just need to remind myself that this is MY race. It's not to beat those people. It's my race to race smartly. To keep my HR in zone 2 with occasional spikes to zone 3 (AND NOT ABOVE unless it's the last mile of the RUN). I can't race anyone but myself.

Things I have to do before Wednesday:

-Pack!
-Go to Longs and get:
-Rubbing Alcohol-for my ears
-Imodium AD-for my butt :)
-Finger Nail Clippers
-Nail Polish Remover (I'm giving myself a mani pedi on Saturday night)
-Swedish Fish-for my special needs bag
-Fill out my race day nutrition quiz that Coach D gave us (I know it all in my head but will help if I write it down
-Print out directions
-Print out our boarding passes
-Don't forget my wetsuit (I'm so scared I'm going to)
-Do the last loads of laundry
-Stop freaking out!

And, Shaun was sick last week and 2 people that I work closely with are sick this week and my throat feels dry. I hope to GOD I'm not getting sick. I'm taking Airborne and Emergen-C and hoping for the best. My throat has felt dry for like 4 days, so hopefully it's just nerves....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home