Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

TWELVE Days...Yes TWELVE

I can't believe it's so soon!

I dropped my bike off on Sunday to get a complete service and to get a new chain and brake pads and whatever else it needs. I pick it up on Thursday and then ride it down to Palo Alto on Saturday to drop it off to be transported to Idaho.

I have the workout week from hell this week. We're supposedly in a 3 week progressive taper but this week I:

Monday: Cycle 2 hours
Tuesday: Cycle 1.5 hours, Strength training 45 minutes
Wednesday: Optional Rest day (I'm taking that option)
Thursday: 70 minute run, strength training 45 minutes
Friday: Swim 1.25 hours, Run 60 minutes

and then the taper starts (in my mind):

Saturday: Swim 1700 yards (approximately 30 minutes), 40-50 mile bike ride
Sunday: Run 1.25 hours (much less!)
Monday: Cycle 1 hour easy
Tuesday: Run 30 minutes, light strength training
Wednesday: Travel, rest day
Thursday: Swim 30 minutes on race course, run 20 minutes with pick-ups, bike 30-45 minutes on race day run course with pick-ups
Friday: Swim 10 minutes on race course, bike 15 minutes, DRIVE bike course
Saturday: This one makes me laugh: Run 8 minutes, swim 7 minutes, eat =D

We fly out next Wednesday! It's getting so close!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How can I Track your times while you're racing? You can do it! On a side note, Luke proposed to me in Maui, on bended knee. We're having the wedding here in Idaho and you will be getting an invitation in the following months. So yay for us!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home