Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I guess it won't be that much longer of a post...

I had quite the training weekend. I had to ride 120 miles on Saturday and then get up on Sunday and ride for 45 minutes and then run 18 miles.

Well the 120 mile bike ride was long, cold, windy and hard. The first 40 miles I kicked some major ass, the middle 40 miles I slowed down a bit and then the last 40 miles I kicked some more major ass! It took all day and the conditions were horrible and I almost got run down by a cow. But I did it and it wasn't too bad.

As for Sunday's Bike/Run Brick. My hip hurt a bit on the bike ride and I was really worried about the run. BUT my body must be trained because about a mile into the run I felt great and had no hip problems. OH and it was confirmed that ALL of my knee problems stemmed from my shoe laces. I ran with the new shoes, laced the way my old shoes are laced with NO knee issues. By my third 6 mile loop I was feeling great and on top of the world!

The blisters are because it was hot yesterday and my feet were sweaty. The purple toe nail is from my nails being too long and hitting the end of my shoes...nice.

It was a great training weekend because now I know I can finish the Ironman which happens in less than 3 weeks!! 19 DAYS TO BE EXACT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home