Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Holy 22 Miles Batman!

I did my longest run ever this weekend. 22 miles of running goodness! Here was my weekend:

Friday: Elaina and Richards Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner, followed by drinks (where I drank a little too much)
Saturday: Got up at 6 am to ride my bike for 3 hours. Pick up cupcakes for wedding at 10. Down in Palo Alto by 10:30. 1030 am-11 pm wedding stuff =D (It was a great wedding btw)
Sunday: Got up at 6:30 to drive to Mill Valley for my 22 mile run. Ran 22 miles, got a Double Double Animal Style, went to some friends house-iced and played phase 10, in bed by 9:30
Monday: "Slept In" (until 7 am), went grocery shopping, got a WONDEROUS deep tissue massage, went to Half Moon Bay, in bed by 9:30 again :)

It was quite a weekend but today I feel great and not even sore! Get this, the sorest thing on my body was my lower abs?!?! Explain that!

The run:

1 mile loop-time trial for day (9:45 min/mile pace)
6 mile loop-Zone 1-2 (10:30 min/mile pace)
5 mile loop-Zone 1-2 (10:00 min/mile pace)
4 mile loop-Zone 1-2 (10:00 min/mile pace)
3 mile loop-Zone 2 (9:45 min/mile pace)
2 mile loop-Zone 2 (9:45 min/mile pace)
1 mile loop-As fast a I could go (9:30 min/mile pace)

My knee started hurting around mile 14 but I had my old shoes with me, so I changed into those and whatdaya know? The pain stopped. The shoes are the same model but the new ones are laced differently. I'm going to get the same laces tonight that I have on my old ones and re-lace. Hopefully that takes care of the knee pain.

I've got one more weekend of intense workouts (120 mile bike ride on Saturday, 45 minute bike ride on Sunday followed by an 18-20 mile run) and then I start a 3 week taper...bah...tapering sounds so fun but really it sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home