Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ads by Google...

All of my "Ads by Google" are all about Triathlons, Running, and training. Nice Chelsea. Why don't you pick something else to talk about? Maybe because my life in consumed by the Ironman. BUT! It's going to be here in 33 DAYS!!! Crazy.

Ya know what? When it's over I'm going to be so happy. I'm going to have my weekends back. I'm going to be able to finish my kitchen! and my laundry room! and hang out with my friends! and hang out with my HUSBAND (imagine that!) and just be! I won't have to worry about what I have to do tomorrow and how tired I am and how what I'm eating is going to affect my performance (and not that performance).

But you also know what? I'm going to be sad too. My huge goal will be over. I won't have that thing to strive for. I won't be defined by "training for an Ironman."

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that I'm doing this but I don't think I can be a serial Ironman-er (I made that up :) ) I love my husband and friends and life too much. I like being able to just go to the beach and not worry about what training I'm missing. I'd like to not have to worry about how much alcohol I'm consuming at my best friend's wedding and how that's going to affect my 22 mile run the next day. I'd love to go on a bike ride just because I like the route and not because it fits the profile for the day.

So, I'm ready to be defined by something other than Ironman. I'll be so happy when I finish and I will be an Ironman. But I'm also ready to move on. I'm ready to go live and be and not train 20 hours a week.

Now point me back to this post after I finish and want to sign up for like 10 Ironman races...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home