Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Time Trials

The running time trials went really well. I have no clue why something like that would make me nervous but it did. I did 13 laps in 30 minutes which is about 9:09 minute mile. The last lap I did in 2 minutes, which was much faster than my pace but that's how it goes with me. I take forever to warm up.

Last night I had a bit of rebellion. The idea of waking up at 4:45 am just didn't appeal to me. It's only week 2 people! I have 23 weeks to go and I can't be rebelling!!! I am really tired and ready for the weekend when I can sleep in. I have my fingers crossed that my body is going to get used to this. It should, right?

Next week is a rest week so perhaps I'm supposed to feel this way? And by rest week, I mean that I work out 10.5 hours rather than the 15 of this week. That will be nice :) It's still a lot of exercise but I think I do need to rest. What am I going to do on the 17-20 hour weeks?!?!?!?! Deep breaths...I can do this!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger rooni said...

Hey Chelsea! I know you won't know until you do it, but how long do you estimate that the whole Ironman event will take you to complete?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know you can get through this! You're absolutly right about the rest week. I remember having to get so much extra sleep the first few weeks of training. You're amazing and your body will make it through too.
Megan

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home