Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Post Race. What'd I do?

This week I started the Ironman (IM) training. I did need to recover from my race, but I need to build my base at the same time.


I ended up teaching 2 cycle classes on Monday
, one in the morning and one in the evening. That was tiring.

Tuesday I went for a bike ride. IT. WAS. REALLY. WINDY. Going out it took me 30 minutes, coming back it took me almost 50 minutes. I was in one of my easy gears STANDING UP and my bike still wasn't moving. Being OH SO smart I biked along the bay, which just was NOT a good idea. The wind surfers and kite boarders sure liked it though.

I also did my first Coach D strength work-out. WOW! I've been doing boot camp once a week and yoga once a week for strength training. It doesn't even compare to this workout. It was all stuff I've done but it was just intense. 1 hour of pure strength training. (and I have to do this 3 times a week!)

Wednesday, day off.

Thursday-1200 meter swim. I did this in half an hour. Coach D assures us that this is going to change and to enjoy the easy work-out while we can. I'm actually excited about getting structured workouts from him. I miss that.

Friday-I taught a cycle class this morning. (It kicked my ass!) Then I did strength training again. And again it kicked my ass. I was supposed to run today (and not cycle) but I had to sub and so I may try to run tomorrow, we'll see.

Saturday-I teach 2 cycle classes. One from 7:30-8:30 AM and then an hour and a half from 9-10:30. It's going to be challenging, but good! If I feel up to it I'll squeeze my 30 minute easy run in. If I'm not feeling it, I leave it this week.

Sunday-a one hour run is planned. I'll head up to Crystal Springs (Sawyer Camp Trail) and push out about 7 miles. That'll feel nice.

Okay, I'm going to try and post everyday and be a little bit more fun than this post. This post was boring but I had to get it out and get the ball rolling.

IM HERE I COME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home