Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Zone 3-I love you!!!!

Got up at 4:45 this morning and walked to the gym in the rain. Got on the spin bike and did 20 minutes at zone 1-2 work and then 20 minutes in ZONE 3!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Zone 3-I missed you. And then the rest of the hour in cool down mode.

When you are "base training" (which I am now) you need to keep your heart rate (HR) low so that you can build a base to be stronger for the race. There's all sorts of science behind it but I won't bore you. What this means for me is that when I'm on the bike I need to keep my HR below 135 and when I'm running below 145. This is HARD for an adrenaline-junky like me! But I've diligently been doing it like a good girl.

BUT!

Coach D's workout called for 20 minutes at Zone 3 today-ALL THE WAY UP TO 150-YIPPEEEE!!!! Can you tell, I'm excited?!?!?!?!?!

After that glorious ride (love you new PINK ipod for making the time pass) I went to an hour of Ashtanga Yoga. That made my body very happy and I wasn't nearly as tight as I thought I would be but feel much more limber now.

Tonight it's back to the gym for strength training. We'll see if I can use the heavy weights today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home