Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Oh My Aching Quads!!!

They hurt today. I can't quite figure out what it's from. Could be from Saturday. Or it could be from Sunday. Or it could be a combination of both.

What did I do?

Let's see:

Saturday: Woke up at 6 am to get the car packed and bike loaded. Taught my last Saturday morning cycle class and then high tailed it to Marin for my first training ride with the group. When I got to the meeting place (in the middle of the boondocks) my gas gauge was on negative-oops! I did a 10.5 mile time trial-in about 34 minutes. That's an average of 18.5 MPH. There were some slight hills and there was wind. I'll take it =D My average HR was 157.

After the time trial we did a 24 mile bike ride along the coast. It was beautiful, if a bit cold. There were some hills, but it really wasn't too bad. I really need to invest in some toe warmers!

After the ride I had to wait for AAA to come and give me gas. There was no way I was getting 15 miles to the nearest gas station.

The group was great, I had a good time and with the easy cycle class (I took it easy-it wasn't easy for the people taking it!) I did about 45 miles on Saturday. Not bad.

Sunday I woke up and did a 70 minute run. It was all elevation. I gained about 1500 feet and descended 1500 ft. I did about 6 miles, which for hills, I'm happy with. I kept my HR down with an average of about 130 and a spike of 148. I think this may explain the pains in my quads. WOWZERS!!!!

This morning I taught a class and I took it easy. I'm supposed to swim today (not cycle) but since I cycled, I'm going to cut the swim since I'm so sore.

Tomorrow:

-Strength
-Yoga
-Running Time Trial (wish me luck-I'm scared!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

One of the girls on my soccer team swears by these weird toe socks:

http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/performance.htm

She said they were weird for the first few minutes and now she never plays without them under her soccer socks.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home