Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm back for reals :)

Started "officially" training yesterday. I did a strength training routine where I majorly upped the weight. The highlight was doing single arm bicep curls with 17.5 # dumbbells. Not bad for a girl ;)

I taught a class last night too. I'm trying to stay within Zone 1 and 2 and that's hard when teaching. It didn't help that my NEW HRM broke 22 minutes into class. Well...not really new I guess, but really it shouldn't have broken. I'm stuck with my old jankady HRM until I can either send the new one in for service or get a better one (I'm leaning towards option 2-you surprised?)

This morning I woke up an hour early (YAY for exercise!) at 4:30 and went to the gym to do a swim time trial. Here's what I wrote to Coach D:

"Okay, here's the deal. My pool is 25 meters and if I had done the research last night I would have known that I could swim 900 meters and that would be approximately 1000 yards but I didn't do that. So my 500 meter time was 9:09 and my 1000 meter time was 18:35 or so. For swimming in a meter pool (which I'll be doing most of the time) the equation equals around 1:55 or 115 seconds for my base interval.

I also went to http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/results/conversions.asp
and did the time conversion from meters to yards and my time would have been 16:39. So, if I'm swimming in a yard pool my base interval should be 1:50 or 110 seconds.

I know obsessive.... "

Yes, seriously obsessive.

I capped that off with a 40 minute run. Staying in zone 1. It felt so good! I used my new PINK Nano and rocked it. I ran 3.26 miles in about 38 minutes which is slow but I couldn't let my HR get above 135 so I'll take it ;-)

That's it for today. I promise to write more often than every few months and now I probably have no one checking here for updates....I'll figure that out later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home