Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

T.I.R.E.D.

I'm so tired. I really hope I'm not coming down with what Shaun had last week, where all he could do was sleep. I don't seem to have a fever, so I'll keep my fingers (and toes!) crossed. I really shouldn't feel this tired after a rest week last week (I did 10 hours, rather than the normal 12-15).

Other than being dog-tired training is going really well.

I went on a 40 mile bike ride on Saturday in the 65 degree weather-NICE! I only wore my shorts and a sleeveless jersey and even got a watch tan! The Amgen Tour of California started on Sunday in San Francisco so all the teams were out on Saturday. As I was climbing up Old La Honda (7% incline-my heart rate stayed below 150 :thumbu2: ) 2 cycling teams (Team Slipstream presented by Chipotle and one other with a blue jerseys (can't tell which one) passed me (like I was standing still) with their team cars. It was really cool. I also saw the Gerolsteiner team while I was out. It was a good ride and it felt really good to be out in the sun.

On Sunday, I had a team workout at Rodeo Beach in Marin for a ton of climbing. So, here's the rule: If Coach D has made up the run route then there will be monster hills and it will be hard! Unfortunately I had a little too much fun the night before and I definitely felt the effects of my alcohol consumption. I did about 7 miles of hills and by the second half I was feeling pretty good.

This week is back to full on training-no recovery week. It looks like there's 12 hours planned (not including yoga and getting back and forth to all these places). Hopefully, I can get a good night's sleep tonight and not feel like poo in the morning. A girl can hope, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home