Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Dipsea=Dipshit

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Yesterday I did a coached work-out. Anytime Coach D says something will be an "adventure" or "fun" remind me that that really means "torture" and "hell".

We "ran" the famous Dipsea trail yesterday. Here's a description from their website:

"It begins in downtown Mill Valley with a sprint down Throckmorton to the Old Mill Park, then up three flights of stairs as tall as a fifty-story building, and up some more through an old horse ranch to Windy Gap. Then it plunges down into Muir Woods across Redwood Creek and begins a tough grind up through the trees over trails named "Dynamite" and "Cardiac." At the top of Cardiac, the course levels out before it plunges down through the "Swoop", over the rocks and roots of "Steep Ravine" and the discouragingly steep climb up "Insult Hill." Finally, as the course follows the relatively gentle slope of The Moors toward the ocean, Stinson Beach is in sight a mile ahead. This is where experienced racers resort to secret short cuts and where others racers will sprint the last quarter mile in an effort to move up a couple of places in the final results."



We started in Mill Valley, did the Steps, Windy Gap, Suicide, Dynamite, and Hogsback. We were supposed to run out an hour and then back. I think that I got to the bottom of Cardiac. I know that I didn't actually climb Cardiac, but that still means I climbed about 1000 ft. in one stint (Suicide to Hogsback). Altogether about 9 miles in an hour and 48 minutes.

It was beautiful. I had a good time. It was hard. Today I hurt. Like bad. I'm limping when I get up from sitting. If I walk around a little, it's okay.

Teaching this morning hurt. Swimming this morning hurt.

Here's some more pictures of what I did:

So yes. I'm sore.

Do I want more? Um yeah...Bring it on!







3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Chelsea, You are so frickin' inspiring! Anytime I feel tired and like slacking off I just think of you and your training. You're lucky to be in such a beautiful place. I have told everyone I know that you're training for an Ironman. I don't think they can even wrap their heads around it. You're doing great!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

I think more accurately Dipsea=Chelsea is insane!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Thanks guys!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home