Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Even Faster!!!!


I had my best run yet today!!!!

I did strength followed by running. My run consisted of a 10 minute warm-up followed by 5 6-minute intervals (up to Zone 3) w/ 1 minute rest and then a 6 minute cool-down. For the ENTIRE run check out my numbers:

6.22 mi in 50:07 for an 8:03 pace!!!!!

That means that I ran my intervals BELOW an 8 minute mile. I was so flabbergasted, I was sure my Nike + was wrong so I logged onto the gym computer to check-it was RIGHT!!!

Here are the more detailed numbers:

Mile 1: 8:27
Mile 2: 7:38!!!
Mile 3: 7:53
Mile 4: 7:49
Mile 5: 7:51
Mile 6: 8:55

That's just insane. I run around Central Park (the one in SAN MATEO :) ), it's almost a mile all the way around but not quite. I was trying to run a full lap in 6 minutes and was feeling really great but was also kinda down on myself for not being able to get around in 6 minutes. Now that I think about it-6 minutes is a REALLY fast time to get around that park.

This training-it's WORKING!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

God... hasn't working out come a long way? I think it's so cool that you can just focus on your run and then have a machine keeping track of all this junk for you. Super cool.

And you gittin' reeulll feyest!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home