Chelsea Tris

Ironman-HERE I COME!!!

Monday, January 29, 2007

BRICK

What did I do this weekend?

Well, Shaun and I ran 90 minutes on Saturday for a total of 9 miles. It was a nice run that we got in at the end of the day. We ran along the bay and it actually got quite dark at the end of the run but I had my protector with me so all was okay!

On Sunday I got up and did my first Brick. A brick is a workout where you stack one sport on top of the other (get it? Brick?) I did 40 miles on the bike (in 3 hours and it was hilly and that means I'm getting faster =D ) followed by a 30 minute run. For the run I had to keep my heart rate around 125 so I only got in a little over 2.5 miles. It felt great though. I definitely felt the 9 mile run from the day before when I got on the bike, but about 8 miles into it, I was fine. I got to do some speed work and there was this dude who really didn't like being beat by a girl. He kept trying to pass me. He would pass me and then have to slow way down because he peddled so hard. I was mean and made the comment "Oh you must be doing speed intervals too" He said "No, I only have a single speed on my bike" Which sir, means you're that much more stupid. I ended up totally smoking him (yes, he only had one gear. BUT, he was using ALL his heart rate zones and I was only using 3 :) )

This morning I taught a class and then swam. My shoulder has been bugging me. So Friday and today I only did half the workout. I think I need to stretch it a little better and perhaps get a massage (Shaun?) because my neck and shoulders are really tight.

That's all for today folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger rooni said...

I'm so behind on your blog!! Congratulations -- I'm just reading and saying "Wow!" a bunch. =D

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home